The Passport Talent European Blue Card

This is Mundey Young here, your life and expat coach, and welcome to another article and video on the passport talent. This series on passport the talent the French long-term visa, I’m going through the 10 different categories that people can apply for with this visa. If you are someone who is interested in having information about living and working in France, the passport the talent might be the right visa for you.

Today, I am talking about passport the talent for European Union Blue Card member holders. For this particular visa, the first thing that you’re going to need is to be a holder of the European Union Blue. EU Blue Card is a residence permit for qualified non-EU foreign nationals to work in an EU country. You can check out how to qualify to that here:

It permits its holder to enter and remain in a particular EU country for employment.

Now this blue card has to have been issued to you from an EU member state that you have lived in for at least 18 months.

Things You Need to Provide for This Visa?

You will need to provide proof of your educational background you will need to have at least three years of higher education, and at least five years of professional working experience. You will need to have a fixed term contract from a company in France for at least 12 months. It can be longer, but it cannot be any less than 12 months. The contract has to pay you 1.5 times the average annual gross salary, which would be around 53,836.50 euros as of January 1st, 2020.

If you can provide all of that, you normally qualify for this visa.

Now there’s only one little drawback

The one drawback with this visa category in the first two year you not change jobs. You have to perform the role that you applied for the visa with and you cannot change employment until after the end of the second year. You are free to find other kinds of employment at the end of the second year. Those are the specifics of this particular visa.

In France you can apply for this visa at the prefecture. I put a link below to all the different information and documents that you’re going to need and prefecture find it to be able to find the nearest prefecture near you.

Visa Application:

List if Documents Needed:

Prefecture Finder:

Purchase Stamps for Application:

Like I said, I’m not an expert on visas, but I try to answer people’s questions as much as I can, as I know that there’s a lot of people looking for information out there in English that sometimes you just can’t find. But if you’re looking for someone to support you on your journey and starting your life here in France, you can feel free to contact me I have a lots of expat packages to help people in all different kinds of situation to give you the support you need on your journey.